Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Headache Days -- With OCD and Without


Yesterday I had one of my terrible headaches. One that laid me up on the couch all day. In my OCD days, I’d worry about the frequency and cause of the headaches and even more about what I should be doing instead of resting on the couch. Today, I trust what the doctors say, do what I can to prevent the headaches and backaches (both seem to be due to arthritis), and cope with the pain when it comes with rest and medication. I cancel appointments and take a day of rest. I read if I can, crochet and enjoy watching old movies. Instead of worrying and being upset about having a headache, I end up actually being thankful for a day of rest. Besides, worry doesn’t solve anything. My kitties love it when I’m ill! Or it seems that way anyway. They seem to like having a warm still body to lounge on. Melody and Little Kitty take turns keeping me company. Melody becomes a nuisance at night though. She seems worried about me and sleeps on top of me all night. She doesn’t realize that makes it more difficult for me to sleep and aggravates my back pain. Oh well, she really does mean well.

Little Kitty thinks she can crochet!



Melody lounging

No comments:

Post a Comment